- Nilakottai Town Panchayat Located 28.00 K.M distance from Dindugal District.
- Nearest Railway Station Name : KODAI ROAD , This Railway Station Located 8.00 k.m Distance from nilakottai
- Nearest Airport Located in : MADURAI
- Bus Route Details : : VATHALAGUNDU TO MADURAI
- MARIYAMMAN KOVIL - Ward No : 15 - Street Name - PARAI STREET
- PERUMAL KOVIL - Ward No : 14 - Street Name - PERUMAL KOVIL STREET
- NATARAJAR KOVIL - Ward No : 12 - Street Name - SATHIRAM STREET
- KARUPPUSAMY KOVIL - Ward No : 10 - Street Name - MANIYAKARANPATTI
- PALLIVASAL - Ward No : 4 - Street Name - PALLIVASAL STREET
- CHURCH - Ward No : 12 - Street Name - AMERICAN MISSION STREET
- CHURCH RC - Ward No : 6 - Street Name - MADURAI ROAD
- MARNADU KARUPPUSAY KOVIL - Ward No : 6 - Street Name - MADURAI ROAD
- - Ward No : 0 - Street Name -
|Festival Name||How many Days Celebrated||Which Month Celebrated||No of Peoples Participated||Notified/Non Notified|
|Nearest City Name||Direction||Distance from Town Panchayat|
Nilakottai Town Panchayat coming
under the administrative
In this Town Panchayat Municipal act has been implemented and followed. Total Area of panchayat 9.90 sq km Total 25.970 k.m of roads, Total 21.00km of Storm water drain, Total 30.00 km pipe lines has been Maintained by town Panchayat.
This city population is in 1991 Cense 14770 as for 2001 Cense 19615, 2011 census 22195 present population is 24425 Total No.of Assesment 7841 Total No.wards 15.
This town has a fairly healthy climate. The maximum temperature normally occurs in the month of may while the minimum temperature in winter occurs in December.
Town limit 1200 acrees water Catchments Peranai and near the well-known
The town is very famous for Flower Market, Daily Market and Brassvelssels shops located and due to this reason the Floating population is 45000 from this town daily waste Generate by Head is around 300 grams. Total collection of waste is 4 MT.
It is an improtant trading centre for flower, braze vichels, and Gold stops. It has also 2 large scale, 8 medium scale and 50 small scale industries.Spread over an area of 9.90Sq.km, With a population of 22198 as per 2011 census.
Nilakkottai is located in the Dindigul district of the state; It is one of the most important Agriculture center of Tamil Nadu. The town is situated at a distance of 450 kms to the South - West of Chennai and at the intersection 11O 05' Longitude and 81O 25' latitude.
It is located on the
Government Transport Corporations play number of buses. Private transports and mini bus services are also operated day and night. Bus stand with all its facilities is located in the heart of the town. There is a good transport net work system in the town.
in between Batalagundu-Madurai and
KodaiKanl- Madurai and Palani –
Nearest Railway Station
The nearest is in Kodairoad at 10 km.
The nearest airport is in Madurai Avaniyapuram at 48 Km.
Distance from District H.Q.
in between Periyakulam –