- Thiyagadurgam Town Panchayat Located 65.50 K.M distance from Kallakurichi District.
- Nearest Railway Station Name : Chinnasalem , This Railway Station Located 27.40 k.m Distance from thiyagadurgam
- Nearest Airport Located in : Trichy
- Bus Route Details : : Chennai to Salem Main Road(NH 68)
- MURUGAN TEMPLE - Ward No : 4 - Street Name - Salem Main road
- MARIYAMMAN TEMPLE - Ward No : 6 - Street Name - High School Street
- PERUMAL TEMPLE - Ward No : 6 - Street Name - High School Street
- IYYAPPAN TEMPLE - Ward No : 6 - Street Name - KottaKulam Street
- VINAYAGAR TEMPLE - Ward No : 3 - Street Name - Vysiyar Street
- MALAYAMMAN TEMPLE - Ward No : 5 - Street Name - Malayamman Street
- ANJENEYAR TEMPLE - Ward No : 7 - Street Name - Paapankulam Street
- PERUMAL TEMPLE - Ward No : 10 - Street Name - Pukkulam
- NAVAB JAMIYA MOSQUES - Ward No : 5 - Street Name - Malayamman Street
- MADHINA KABARSDHAN MOSQUE - Ward No : 7 - Street Name - Muslim Street
|Festival Name||How many Days Celebrated||Which Month Celebrated||No of Peoples Participated||Notified/Non Notified|
|Mariyamman Kovil Festivel||8||JUN||18000||NON-NOTIFIED|
|Nearest City Name||Direction||Distance from Town Panchayat|
|There is no city found south side from Thiyagadurgam||South||0.00 K.m|
Thiyagadurgam, a Selection grade Town Panchayat in Villupuram district is located north-east of Villupuram and 12 km west of Kallakurichi. Villupuram, Cuddalore and Pondichery on the east and Thirukovilur, Thiruvannamalai on the north and Kallakurichi, Aathur, Salem on the west are the major urban centers, well connected with this town through districts roads and national Highways (NH 65,NH45) line.
Thiyagadurgam town is geographically located at 120 13’ north latitude and at 730 37’ east longitude. It is 6.24 metres above the sea level. The town is bounded by Udhayamampattu on the north, Gandhi nagar and Periyamampattu on the west, Pukkulam on the south.
Thiyagadurgam has a population of 18764 as per 2011 census, consisting 9467 males and 9297 females. The town spreads over an extent of 11.65 Kilometers, including 15 wards and 113 Streets.
Importance of Town
is an ancient and famous historical center in Villupuram district. It is
located with big mountain and fort.
he fort was built the 17th century which was constructed by the French Government and Tippu Sultan also had a captured the hills his regine. This fort attacked by the Emperor Tippusultan and the Arcot Nawab .
The total height of fort and temple is approximately 500-600 feet
Thiyagadurgam mountain and fort is maintained by Govt of India through Archeological Department.
At the base of the hill and temple, a village called pukkulam. The original name of the village was “Porkalam” which means the war front Indue course, the original name was transformed into “pukkulam”
Therefore, Thiyagadurgam Fort and mountain which has malaiamman temple have to be included in Tourism development scheme and to be provided to the public tourisms, who are visiting the temple.
THANK U FOR VISITING